Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sketching the sketches

Looks like someone got confused with Graphic Design and Multimedia course with Multimedia and Graphic Design course. Well, if it says Graphic Design and Multimedia wouldn't that mean it will emphasize more on design than multimedia. Same goes to Multimedia and Graphic Design, which would mean it will emphasize more on multimedia instead of design. Unfortunately, UTAR only provide Graphic Design and Multimedia. *sighs*

Drawing 1 doesn't look so bad, the lecturer actually taught us how to draw. *laughs* She brief us about the materials needed (Materials AGAIN!) and ask us to draw 2 image. A lion head and a fish but you know what my lion looked like a monkey and my fish's mouth looks retarded. I was laughing throughout the whole drawing session. I am redrawing now, because all these sketches will be compiled at the end of the semester. Drawing 1 is 100% coursework, no final exam except for a mid-term. Damn, Drawing 1 got homeworks. We have to draw one-hour-sketches every week and hand in during tutorial class. Sketch what? Spoons, cups, just anything. Basic sketches for the first tutorial. My tutorial class is on Monday and I have to sketch one-hour-sketches this weekend.

I found out something very interesting today about my course. I think... I think... I'm the youngest. Born on 1988 is actually very young in this course, majority that I knew had just finished their STPM which means they are born on 1987 or 1986. My course representative is 1987 if I'm not mistaken. The Drawing 1 lecturer asked her to get the projector and laptop, she just turned and asked who can help her carry the projector although it's not really heavy, and maybe Lee Yen doesn't know how big is the projector? (I hope I got Lee Yen's name correct or I'll be killed if she reads this) So I volunteered because I know where the ICT Centre is and other UTAR stuffs. I also briefed her on what a course representative should do because she's still new in UTAR. *laughs* I think I want to be a class representative for my tutorial class. Although I might be the youngest in the whole course but I'm responsible. (Am I?) *shy*

I got to know quite a number people today. I think there are about 10 people. Let's see... Lee Yen, Min Ting, two Klang girls. (Sorry, I forgot your names. Will ask for it again tomorrow. *shy*) Then there's a spontaneuos friend making session with Joe, Lemon and another guy (Sorry, forgot your's too. *shy*) right before Advertising Design starts. Talk to another new friend, Alan, during the class. Advertising Design lecturer was so fun, he crack up jokes but what he is going teaching is so boring. You know why? He's teaching 'History on Graphic Design'. Oh My God, I hate History and I had never once pass my History since I was Form 4. NEVER! Believe it or not? I fail that subject during SPM too. *sad*

One of the Klang girl lives near my area and we can carpool because she's in the same class I'm in, Yay! Oh, did I forget to mention that I know what tutorial class that I'm in already? I'm in Tutorial 3 but the name list is not out yet, Lee Yen went to the Faculty Office to asked for Graphic Design students' name list and I took a look at the list but my name it's still not it so I asked the person-in-charge and she told me I'm in Tutorial 3. Still waiting for a call from the Klang girl, doesn't know whether she wants to follow my car for tomorrow's class.

Argh, even Drawing 1 needs it's own materials.

Drawing 1
A3 Drawing Pad
Sketch Book A3 Size
Broad and Fine Tip Marker (Black and Gray)
Drawing Pencils and Colour Pencils
Black and White Pencil-Type Charcoal (Hard, Medium and Soft)
Layout Papers
Kneaded Eraser
Paper Stump
Masking Tape
A piece of A2 Wooden Board

I want to start re-sketching the lion and the fish. Will post it here after I finish sketching and PLEASE don't laugh.

1 comment:

Choo Yen said...

I'm already laughing even before you post the sketches.

HAHHAHAHAHA.

Don't kill me please.

Drawing man drawing

Hand up my Elvis la sure get 100%

: D