Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Multimedia and Graphic Design? NO!

It's been 5 days since I last blog, everyone is scolding me saying that I'm not a potential blogger, always blog 'mati'. What to do, I'm really lazy and I actually said I want to blog during my degree programme. *sighs*

Okay, let's start with the first day of my degree programme and the very first class was Colour Studies. Graphic Design students combine with Advertising students in one lecture hall. That time, I don't even know anyone. I felt so lost. If I'm not mistaken, the lecturer's name is Cik Mardziah and another one which I didn't actually pay any attention to her name although she's the Graphic Design lecturer. *laughs*

First-week-lectures always finish early, about 1 hour. Basically she briefed us on the courseworks and how the marking scheme works. I was so shocked to hear her saying that we need to draw using our OWN HANDS for designing. NO WAY! I don't know how to draw with my hands, the reason I chose this is because it's Multimedia and Graphic Design, it should be about computers and stuffs such as using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator to design. You know what I found out after that? It's Graphic Design and Multimedia not the other way round. *cries* It's not fair when Advertising students get to use softwares to design and Graphic Design students design manually. Not forgetting to mention, Colour Studies overall marking is 80% for coursework and 20% for final exam. I'm sure to get very low marks on coursework because I really don't know how to draw with my hands. *cries* My first-class degree is gone. *sobs* I'll list all the materials needed for the whole semester at the end.

And that was Monday's class, let move on to Tuesday's where I was very pissed off.

The first class on Tuesday was Bahasa Kebangsaan at 9.30a.m. to 11.00a.m. and continues from 12.00p.m. to 1.30p.m. and then the second class was Visual Communication which starts at 4.00p.m. till 6.00p.m. There's a 3 hours gap in between the 2 subjects. Oh My God, how I am going to survive in that place without anyone to talk to and hang out together. Okay, I thought of worrying about that later after the Bahasa Kebangsaan class. So, I went took a seat while waiting for the lecturer to come in. Talked to 2 guys and our conversation didn't go very well, it's like we have nothing to talk about, our interests are not the same. Just then the lecturer came in and this is what she said.

Lecturer : Selamat pagi dan selamat sejahtera kepada semua. Semua orang di sini dari Graphic Design dan Psychology kan? Dan ini adalah subjek Bahasa Kebangsaan betul?

There's like 100 people and about 20 answered her question including me. I'm a good student okay? *shy* The following statement seriously gave me a shock.

Lecturer : Jadi saya nak beritahu kamu semua, sesiapa yang Bahasa Melayu dia masa SPM dapat A1,A2,B3,B4,C5 dan C6........


TOLONG KELUAR SEKARANG!

Oh My God, WHY?! I'm a good student, what did I do wrong?

Lecturer : Sebab sesiapa yang dapat credit dan ke atas boleh 'exempt' dari mengambil 'subject' ini.

That means I don't need to take this subject. *screams happily* Then I take a look at the time on my handphone. 9.45a.m. WHAT?! Nine-fourty-five? That's like 6 more hours before my next class! Where did the 3 hours gap go? Why did it MULTIPLY itself? I'm so alone and I'm going to cry soon.

Those 2 guys I mentioned earlier went back to thier respective houses. See, I told you we don't get along well. Didn't even bid farewell. Okay, and then I went to the notice board to look for my name and which tutorial class I'm in. UTAR is so slow, so useless and it's a pile of junk. I don't even know what class I'm in, they asked me to check back in a few days time. This was told on Monday, so I checked on Tuesday and to my surprise I saw name lists. Yay, the name list is out and my course only has 3 tutorial classes and it was very easy to scan through the names. So, I scanned the classes one by one, looking for Gan Jay Han. Tutorial 1 - NO! , Tutorial 2 - NO! *sighs*

That means I'm in tutorial 3. *scans on tutorial 3 list* Tutorial 3 - NO!

WHAT?! Where is my name? Why am I not on the list? This is the latest list and my name is not in it. I already paid my bills and you're telling me I'm not registered? Fine, then I went to the faculty office and asked 'bout whether the list is finalized. They said it's not and check back in a few days time. If it's NOT finalized, why did you even bother to put it up? All of you are so stupid. Brainless!

Was so pissed off, and remembered that I haven't take my picture for my student ID card. Went there and saw that there was a long queue, and all girls. Never mind, I have like 6 hours to waste. So I went in and took a so-called-prisoners' paper. It has our name, ID number (Which I don't f***ing have), address and IC number. You need to hold that paper up when the photographer is taking your picture, looks like a prisoner.

So I went and queue up, not even 1 minute of queuing, the person-in-charge called me and asked me to go first. I don't even know why but who cares, as long I don't need to queue. Suddenly, I felt this chill that went up my spine. As I turned and look at the queue, about 16 girls stared at me with the f***-you look or the I'm-going-to-kill-you look. But it wasn't my fault, I didn't ask to go first. Then the photographer passed me a blazer and it was so small (Or was it that I'm fat? *sad*). I almost cannot fit but managed to at the end. Took the required pictures and quickly ran out of the room, if not, I'll be murdered by the looks on their faces.

And then there's 5 hours and 30 minutes left to go, was so bored and called my foundation friends and luckily their class starts at 3p.m. and I asked them out to Midvalley. So I drove there and spent a few hours in Midvalley doing nothing. Oh, I actually did something. I checked my Public Bank account and the amount writen on my pay cheque is in it. *happy* The first time I key in my password, it was wrong and I was so scared, 3 wrong attempts and the ATM card will be lost forever. I'm not really sure what my password is because I have like so many passwords to remember. 'Dapat-lah jugak' at the end, if not I wouldn't have tell you that the cheque has been deposit right?

Drove back to my campus at around 2.30p.m. and went to the internet lab. Chat with a few friends while waiting for the time to fly pass. The internet lab connection is like slower than snails, it took about 5 minutes to load Jacsville's forum. Damn pissed off. Log out at 3.30p.m. and went to the class.

Saw that guy I talked to on Monday and sat beside him, right at the back of the class. I'm not used to sitting at the back, I'm a good student so I must sit in front. *shy* I vowed that I'll sit in front next time, even if there's no one sitting beside me. Visual Communication lecture didn't take 1 hour to finish, and I thought all lectures on the first week finishes early. She used up all 2 hours and what the hell, even Visual Communication need to design manually. Must buy brushes, poster colours, colours pencils for almost all the subject. I feel like a small child learning arts in school. I don't know how to draw with my hands, I only know how to draw and design using the computer. It ends at 6p.m. and that time Federal Highway is having its massive jam.

Oh My God, someone please kill me.

So, there's nothing to say about after the massive jam, I reached home and do my daily routine which is chatting, checking e-mail and other internet stuffs. As well as today, nothing interesting. Similiar with yesterday night, just include eating lunch and dinner, playing PS2 and sleep. Oh, I did these on Sunday, I think. Take a look.


Jac is going to be the winner of IKON Malaysia. *screams*

I replaced the AIM award with the IKON award. *evils*


Oh My God, Jac won IKON Malaysia.


Note: Ini hanyalah rekaan semata-mata, ia tidak berkaitan dengan yang mati atau yang hidup.

Now, the list of materials that are needed for Colour Studies and Visual Communication.

Colour Studies
A3 Sketch Book
2 Flat & Round Brushes (No.4, 6, 8, 9, 10)
Poster Colours (Cobalt Blue, Red, Yellow, Black and White)
Palette
Water Container
Towel

I seriously didn't know that brushes had types. *laughs* And they even have numbers. I don't even know what flat and round brush looks like and what does that numbers mean.

Visual Communication
Drawing Pen (Micron) 0.2, 0.4, 0.16
Metal Ruler 12" and 18"
Cutter (NT)
Cutting Mat
Set Square
Circular Template
Oval Template
Poster Colours
French Curve
Flat and Pointed Brushes
Art Block
Spray Mount (3M)
Art Gum (Faber-Castell)
Lighter Fluid
4B Pencils
Masking Tape 1"
BOFA Set

This is even worst than the earlier subject and I think those word in the brackets are the brand. It should be the brand because I copy this down from lecture slides. There's so many things there that I never heard before. And why do we need lighter fluid for, to burn designs that are not successful or ugly? What the heck is a BOFA set. I know what's a sofa set but I don't know what the hell a BOFA set is. How much does all of these cost? It looks so freaking expensive.

Art-type people, please help me with this.

P.S. This message is directly to gummy-boy, I'm very sure you know what the hell that was listed above. I need your help! Where can I buy those stuffs?

2 comments:

Choo Yen said...

Flat brushes are those kinda brushes with a flat tip, and round ones are like the 'chinese brush' you used in school last time. slightly rounded with a pointy tip.

I THINK.

Hahaha. I tried googling BOFA set for you and guess what I found?

Bofa International --- Sofa Set

HAHAHA. WTHHH. Quote Revo "I know what's a sofa set but I don't know what the hell a BOFA set is."

Ask you to come to Sunway and learn Multimedia from the start with me but you don't want! See la what graphic design thing now.

GOOD LUCK MANS!!!

Anonymous said...

My comment on dis post is in my blog...