Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Transfering from one to another

Phew... today was a mess. I totally screwed up my PC earlier.

All I wanted was to reformat it but without a rebootable disc, it is impossible. So I thought maybe I could like install one Windows XP in one of my hard drives and then format C:\ drive. I have 2 hard drives, C:\ and D:\ , so I installed it and run D:\ drive's Windows XP.

God, everything is like gone. Graphic Card drivers, Sound Card drivers... All GONE! Well, I did freaked out because the display is freaking creepy. See this!


Eww, the colour is so disgusting. Feels like puking soon.


Tried formatting the C:\ drive but some errors appeared saying some program is being used. Argh, damn! Fortunately, I can online from that new Windows XP. No Windows Live Messenger but there's Windows Messenger and I logged in and ask Yao Ding for help! *laughs* Tried everything I could but still no progress and then I saw something scary which is going to make me have nightmares tonight.


Oh My God! GHOSTS! *screams*


Hahaha... That's the effect of a computer without a graphic card. Mine was without it's driver which will also have the same effect. That's when I realised that new Windows XP doesn't have the driver. I opened up Internet Explorer and typed Yahoo!'s URL but then it crashes for nothing. I was going to freak out already because if I can't search for the driver, I'm so dead. Thanks to Google.com which didn't crashed the IE on me.

Got all the drivers and stuffs but there's another problem I can't format C:\ drive. So, I tried deleting folder by folder which took me almost 30 mins. So many folders , so many stuffs. No wonder the whole computer is so slow. But it pays off, I'm currently LAG-FREE. Not for long, I guess.

After deleting everything in C:\ drive,installing Windows XP, drivers and other appropriate stuffs, I have a new PC, yay to me! Y ^_^ Y!

Choo Yen's Windows Live Messenger installer file is so outdated. Every installer from her is outdated from WLM to WLM Plus and BitComet. LOL! Kinda sad because after installing the latest WLM, I found out that all my DP is gone. My lovely display pictures! *sobs*

Installed all needed stuffs already, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Windows Live Messenger. There's another one I have yet to download, which is the Microsoft Office. Have to wait for my BitComet to download finish first. *sighs*

Well I guess that's all for today. I'll be enjoying my "new" PC now.

No comments: